“At CoffeeTec, we believe in the four E’s: Equip, Educate, Empower, Expand. We will set you up with the right equipment. We will educate and train you on all the latest roastery best practices. We will empower you by supporting you through every aspect of your start-up. And we will help you expand your business when the time and opportunity comes.” — Scott Plail, Founder and CEO
Just Getting Started? Expanding Your Business?
If you’re in the coffee roastery or coffee shop business, you know there are many factors in setting up your business beyond coffee sourcing and roasting, packaging, and sales. Whether you’re just getting started or are expanding your business, there are many details required to work efficiently in this industry:
- What equipment will you invest in? What makes sense to buy new versus used?
- What equipment brands are best for your business?
- Are you ready to have your system commissioned? And what exactly IS commissioning, anyway?
- What layout, design, and flow does your facility need to function best?
- What are your gas requirements (volume, pressure, etc.)?
- Do you have the right afterburner for your space and location?
- What kind of specialized training do you and your staff need, and how do you obtain it?
- What are the regulatory requirements in your local area?
- What permitting and procedures do you need to put in place? What kind of certifications and insurance do you need?
We’ve Got Your Back
The industry hoops and hurdles can seem overwhelming if you don’t have the right team behind you. At CoffeeTec, we offer a broad range of consulting services to help you manage the full life-cycle of your coffee-related business. Known as the “Amazon™” of the coffee industry, we’re devoted to supporting our clients through every single aspect of their coffee roasting journey. This keeps you focused on doing what you do best: growing your business.
Our professional team has almost 75 years of experience, and we’ve built a valuable network of expert relationships. When you partner with us, we’ll help you achieve the success you deserve.
We’ve Helped People Just Like You
- We relocated a coffee roastery from London to El Salvador, resulting in both clients reporting complete satisfaction with the entire experience from beginning to end.
- We orchestrated a new roaster shipment and install in Kenya, handling all African ISO requirements.
- We advocated for a New Jersey roastery, working with local officials to ensure the roastery could open business with the correct gas and power supplies, with all necessary regulatory and permitting requirements in place.
So, How Can We Help You?
We’d love to connect with you to see how we can help you grow your coffee roasting business. Start the conversation by letting us know more about you, your roastery, and your goals and roadblocks. What’s on your equipment wish list? Do you need to sell equipment?
Whatever your needs are, we invite you to check out our consulting services and rates, and then CLICK HERE to contact us today to discuss how we can help you improve your coffee roastery achievements.
COFFEETEC CONSULTING SERVICES AND RATES
- Equipment financing for easy entry
- Coffee roastery equipment selection, installation, and maintenance
- Roastery plant design and layout
- Regulatory requirements, permitting, procedures, and insurance
- Equipment certifications and commissioning
- Comprehensive, customize training, including all aspects of business operations, from basic problem-solving and setting up policies and procedures, to coffee blending and buying evaluation
- Next-level roastery equipment purchase and acquisitions
- Used roastery equipment selling
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Roastery plant design, layout, and relocation
- Production and space optimization
- Silo and conveyance equipment
- Equipment maintenance and repair
Equipment Searches and Evaluation
- Equipment Searches: We partner with you to analyze needed layout, design and flow for your facility, help identify the best equipment brands (new and used), and provide a full assessment now how the various elements will work together.
- Equipment Evaluation: We complete all of your insurance, financing, and equipment resale needs. Our experience as dealers in new and used equipment -- as well as our expertise in rebuilding coffee roasters, grinders -- means that our evaluations are as precise as possible. We offer this service for antiques too!
Standard Hourly Rates
- Principal Design Consultant @ $170.00
- Roaster Installation & Consulting @ $150.00
- Drafting/Design @ $125.00
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering @ $165.00
- Administration Services (Per Contract)
- Associate Consulting @ $133.00
- Installation Foreman @ $110.00
- Installation @ $90.00
- Chemist @ $155.00
- Proposal Coordination @ $90.00 /hr
- Refurbish Roaster Labor @ $90.00/hr
- Service Call Fee @ $100.00 + Travel Time and Expenses
- Repair Technician @$90.00/hr
- Roaster Maintenance @ $85/hr (Per Contract Services)
- Crating Labor @ $75.00/hr
- Travel Time @ $50.00/hr
- Food Per Diem @ $50.00/day
Additional Incurred Costs:
- Reimbursables Cost Plus 20%
- Equipment Purchasing/Reproduction Cost Plus 20%
- Outside Consultants Cost Plus 20%
- Reproduction Costs Plus 20%